How was your day? Hope everything going well as what you plan and wish for, InshaAllah.
Last weeks, on 18-19 February I had attended workshop for Proposal Writing and Research Methodology.
I have no intend and interest to go at first but then I found all the topics that will be discuss are very important for my research so I make a decision to attend this seminar.
Guess what, I’m totally have no idea about these topics at first but at the end, I manage to understand a little bit of what is Research Methodology and what are criteria’s to write a Proposal.
Here, I share with you topics that been discuss at the workshop and if you want the details on certain topic, you may ask me personally. I’ll try to discuss with you and we can exchange information.
1. The General Format of A Postgraduate Thesis Proposal according to the Qualitative Research Method and Field Research (Dr. Shamsuddun Taya)
2. The Literature Review, Developing the Conceptual Framework, Research Objectives, Research Question (Dr. Muhammad Subhan Ishak)
3. The Role of Theory in Postgraduate Research (Prof. Dato’ Dr. Abdul Kadir Lebai Din)
4. Research Design and Developing the Instrument (Dr. Lim Khong Chiu)
5. The General Format of A Postgraduate Thesis Proposal according to the Quantitative Research Method (Dr. Asmat Nizam Abdul Talib)
6. What are the Examiners Looking For in a Good Thesis (Prof Dr. Pazim@Fadzim Othman)
7. Data Collection (Dr. Badriya P. Makol)
8. Data Analysis and Conclusion (Dr. Sabariah Yaakub)
9. Qualitative and Legal Research (Dr. Admad Masum)
These are all the topics and presenters who are very kind to share about their expertise. Most of them are more than 10 years in that specific field.
Honestly, lots of input can be absorbed from this workshop and it worth it!
I hope that this kind of seminar will be held frequently because for some researcher like me, who have no knowledge in doing research, this is a very good starting point for us.
It helps a lot and if you guys have something to share with me, you are welcome to do that.
At the end of the seminar, we get a certificate from UUM but what important is the knowledge that we get.
By the way, if my grammar is not good, do correct me. I’m in the process of learning. :-)
Till we meet again, InshaAllah.